Lot launches at 12pm GMT on Monday 29th June
Lot closes at 12pm GMT on Sunday 5th July
PARTICIPATE IN THIS AUCTION WITH 100% OF FUNDS RAISED FOR COVID-19 SUPPORT IN THE MALDIVES. THE HIGHEST BIDDING PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE AN EXQUISITE SEVEN-NIGHT STAY AT VELAA PRIVATE ISLAND FOR FOUR GUESTS
Our latest partner Velaa Private Island is kindly offering a one-week stay to be redeemed when travel opens up again.
This Lot is for 7 nights in a 2-bedroom Beach Pool House for up to 4 people, with lots of other additional gifts and has the value of USD 75,000.
Velaa Private Island is the realisation of a dream to create a ‘beyond luxury’ exclusive boutique hideaway. This unique destination was developed to embody the very best of this unique archipelago, bathed by azure skies in the aquamarine waters of the Indian Ocean.
More than a resort,Velaa is the passion project of a couple to create the world’s most perfect home. It is a place where guests are truly carefree and able to indulge in the best the world has to offer - food, wine, adventures and
serenity. Comprised by 47 villas, houses and residences, Velaa Private Island is situated in Noonu atoll, comfortably 45 mins by private seaplane from the capital Male.
100% of the funds raised from this Lot will go straight to the philanthropic initiatives taken to bolster the people of the Maldives during this challenging time, in support of the efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Velaa is fundraising for a large amount of test kits, Personal Protective Equipment and we have also teamed up with another British Polo Day partner Clinova, who make the Covaflu masks, all to initiate a safe destination for guests and locals alike.
A dream island stay with every dollar raised directly supporting the people of the Maldives!
Velaa Auction Lot
The Voucher is valid from September 2020 - September 2021 and entitles the bearer to a complimentary seven-night stay at Velaa Private Island in a 2-bedroom Beach Pool House with the below inclusions :
7-day half-board package in Athiri restaurant for up to 4 people (excluding alcoholic beverages)
4 return seaplane transfer from Male to Velaa Private Island
1 Private dolphin cruise for up to 4 people
1 session of 1 hour of water sports for 2 people
1 session of 1 hour of spa treatment for 2 people
1 dinner at Aragu Fine Dining restaurant for up to 4 people (excluding alcoholic beverages)
The Voucher is valid for up to 4 guests traveling together only.
Advanced reservation is required and is subject to availability.
The Voucher cannot be exchanged for the monetary value or any other items or services.
All other services and consumption during the stay will be charged at standard rates.
Additional guest room supplement will be chargeable as per published rates.
Travel Dates: Sept 2020 - Sept 2021
Black Out Dates : 1 - 7 Oct 2020 ; 25 Oct - 10 Nov 2020 ; 15 Dec 2020 - 12 Jan 2021 ; 10 - 17 Feb 2021; 29 March - 6 April 2021;1 - 14 May 2021
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern any participation in this auction (the “Auction”). By bidding in the Auction, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. The proceeds of this auction will be donated in their entirety to Velaa Private Island for their philanthropic initiatives in the Maldives. The successful bidder will be asked to make immediate payment by debit or credit card, to pay by cash or cheque, or to make a transfer as soon as is practical.
2. Each placement of a bid will constitute a legal offer which, on acceptance by Velaa Private Island, will be binding on the bidder and create a binding contract between the bidder and Velaa Private Island.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, all bids will remain valid until payment for the item or items being offered in the Auction Lot detailed above have been received.
4. Bidders acknowledge that all information that is provided as a description of the Auction Lot is provided in good faith by Britannia Elevation Capital Limited (Britannia). As such, Britannia cannot be held responsible for inaccurate or misleading descriptions. Britannia has endeavoured to ensure that the information is correct and complete but does not accept liability for any errors in or omissions from these Terms and Conditions or the Lot description. Britannia makes no representation and expressly exclude all conditions or warranties, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) the availability, quality, timeliness, particular purpose of any of the Lot, to the full extent permitted by English law. The winning bidder will transfer the money directly to Velaa Private Island and liaise directly with Velaa Private Island over redeeming the lot item. Britannia shall not be held responsible in the event that the lot item cannot be redeemed for any reason, including for any force majeure event. Britannia is just providing a platform to promote this philanthropic initiative.
5. This Auction and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales whose courts shall be the exclusive courts for any dispute competent jurisdiction.